New Victoria Gardens’ Annual Flower & Vegetable Show is adding something new this year —a home-grown High Street with ‘shops’ and open spaces dotted throughout the 3.3 acre site.
A highlight of the Glasgow summer calendar for over a century, this year’s event is set for Saturday, 19 August, 2-5pm at 55 Glenapp Street in Pollokshields G41 2NQ.
Among the attractions:
- Vintage & Retro Boutique with upcycled clothing and collectables
- Fiona’s Flower Shop, with cut flowers and bouquets, houseplants & floral-themed gifts
- Shed-loads of Art – mini galleries in the greenhouses
- High Rise Bakery with artisan loaves and rolls
- The Open Air Market with jam, pickles and cordials plus pick-of-the-day produce
- Street food – delicious grub with veggie options
- The NVG Tea Room with legendary home-baking
- Plants grown and sold by the allotmenteers
- Kid’s corner with a bouncy castle and games
- ‘Live from Albert Square’ – music and performance in the courtyard
- and no High Street is complete without a pub so there’s a beer & wine bar too!
All that and more, plus an old-time Flower & Vegetable Show, with hundreds of prize-winning plants, flowers and produce, much of it on sale for bargain prices at the end of the day.
Admission is a very reasonable £1, and accompanied children under 12 are free!