Let the Strathbungo Society know

The Strathbungo Society has had reports of local residents having problems with the water supply since the recent works were carried out by Scottish Water – specifically, to do with water pressure, lack of hot water and interruptions to the central heating system.

We are now trying to find out how widespread this is so, to that end, if you have experienced any difficulties of this sort do send your details to us.

Meanwhile, we have been in touch with Scottish Water to ask how many people from Strathbungo have contacted them and they are either unable or unwilling to say. We are, they say, the first community group to ask for such information.

If you’ve had a problem and you’ve had to pay someone to come out and look at your system, you can make a claim for compensation against Scottish Water, but it must be in writing and quoting all the relevant details. The address to write to is:

Scottish Water
Customer Relations Department
Fairmilehead Office
55 Buckstone Terrace

Please note: Scottish Water says that each case will be treated on an individual basis.