Each year, the Society holds a Spring Fling around Easter-time, celebrating the arrival of Spring and hopefully better weather! As well as teas, coffees and fantastic home-baking, there are activities, workshops, art and craft stalls and a competition.
All are welcome to come, volunteers to provide home-baking, or to help set up or take down, especially so!
Spring Fling 2019
The 2019 event will be held at Queen’s Park Govanhill Parish Church, 170 Queen’s Dr, Glasgow G42 8QZ, on Saturday 27th April. Get in touch if you have ideas or wish to help out.
The fabulous Bungo Bake-Off will again be a major part of the event. It is judged by local Strathbungo Bakers.
Bungo Bake-Off Guidelines
These guidelines apply to all those who enter the Bake-Off.
Bake-Off instructions & timings:
- Bakers from the Southside of Glasgow are invited to submit a cake or a plate of cakes that they have made from scratch to the theme of ‘May Day’.
- There are two categories: “Under 16” and “16 & Over”.
- The fee to enter the Bake-Off is £2 per cake or plate of cakes to be paid in cash when submitting entry (this fee also covers entry into the Spring Fling event).
- Bakers can submit any number of entries (each will incur the £2 entry fee).
- All those entering the Bungo Bake-Off are expected to be amateur bakers and not selling/promoting cakes as a business or secondary activity.
- All cakes must be delivered on Saturday April 27th to the church hall between 10.30 a.m. and 11.00 a.m to be signed in by a Spring Fling helper who will give you a receipt and a Spring Fling ticket.
- Please provide a plate or cake stand to show your cake, marked underneath with your name and address so that we can return it.
- Any cakes arriving after 11.00 cannot be entered into the judging. No other arrangements can be made for cakes to be entered.
- The judging – led by professional bakers – will take place between 11.15 and 12.00. Judges’ decisions are final.
- Winners will be announced at the event, and all entries are then available for viewing. Winners are required to make themselves available for any media interest and coverage that may arise from this event.
- All bakers are invited to collect their cakes from the Hall from 1.00 p.m. onwards unless you wish to donate your cakes to be sold at the Spring Fling’s Tea Room in aid of the Strathbungo Society. Please say when you submit your cake for the Bake Off if you will donate or collect your entry.
You can contact us at email@example.com.