The Strathbungo Society and its events are run entirely by volunteers and we always welcome new people who want to help in any way they can. It’s important that volunteers are able to move on, so we are always looking for people to take on roles, from the small to the not-so-small, but also to develop new initiatives. Our Committee Meetings are open to all and advertised under the events sections of the bungoblog and Strathbungo Facebook page, so if you have ideas or want to know more do come along.
Current volunteering opportunities include:
- Stewards for Window Wanderland 23rd February. We have stewards at larger events just in case anything goes wrong (stewards are briefed beforehand and we have a pick up point for lost children). Don a yellow bungo jacket for part of the evening and wander the streets. If interested either contact firstname.lastname@example.org or come to the Committee Meeting on 19th February
- The Spring Fling. A small group is responsible for organising this event (co-ordination of craft stalls and events on the day) and would welcome someone else to join the team Contacts email@example.com
- The Bungo Committee. At our last AGM several people retired and were not replaced. We need more people on the Committee to keep going and have up to five vacancies. Do contact our Chair, Jane Carolann, at firstname.lastname@example.org or come along to our next meeting to see what is involved.
- Newsletter delivery. Our distribution co-ordinator, Imelda Devlin, is always looking for new people to distribute our newsletter (3-4 times a year) whether to take on a street permanently or to act as a reserve when people are away.
- Newsletter production. Our newsletter designer has indicated she would like to step down after many years. We now have a thriving editorial team who produce the copy so we are looking for someone who has layout skills.
- Brighter Bungo. This is one of the easiest and most social ways to help with no commitments! Simply turn up on the day with your friends or family and help other volunteers keep our backlanes clean (all equipment provided). Next event will be probably be in April. More details from email@example.com
The Strathbungo Society