Famous for its residents’ stalls selling everything from bric-a-brac and jewellery to homemade food and crafts, Bungo in the Back Lanes is an annual community festival that takes place in the lanes of Strathbungo.
The most exciting part of the festival is seeing which DIY stalls are set up on the day. Previous years have produced snail races, jumble stalls and a guess-the-sweeties-in-the-jar competition.
This year, #BitBL2018 is on 23rd June 2018.
Do you want to put up a stall?
Are you happy to host a stall or three in your garden?
Here’s what you need to know:
- Residents are free to open up their garden or let someone else use it. Please let us know if you are happy for your garden to be used and we can help match you with a stallholder.
- If you are not a resident and are planning on setting up a stall outside someone’s garden, please check first that they are happy for you to do so. Alternatively, there are several spots along the side lanes that are not directly outside people’s gardens.
- If you are selling from your garden, make sure you have good signage on the lane letting people know what awaits them. Otherwise, nobody will know!
- Do let us know where your stall is so we can add it onto our map.
- If you are planning on selling food, you will need a food safety licence from the council. Please contact:
Alison Lochrin, Technical Officer (Food Safety)
Business Regulation, Environmental Health and Trading Standards
Land and Environmental Services
231 George Street, Glasgow, G1 1RX
0141 287 7990